THE BEST WAY IS TO NOT DO MUCH! FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES FOR THE BEST RESULTS:
PLEASE READ ALL AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE PROCESS PAGE TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN COMMIT TO THIS BROW JOURNEY, ESPECIALLY THE FIRST 10 DAYS. HOW YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR FRESH BROWS GREATLY AFFECTS THE HEALED OUTCOME. THANK YOU!
Keep your face directly out of the shower stream & do your best to carefully wash hair and keep face as dry as possible. Keep clean, dry paper towels on hand to pat dry if they accidentally get moist. Also keep showers brief, as too much steam can harm brows as well.
• When washing your face, be sure not to splash water onto your face like we normally do. Instead use a washcloth or disposable cleansing wipe to wash AROUND the brows, making sure they stay dry :)
• I highly recommend using powder/product free blotting paper 2-3 times a day on the skin around and on the brows for the first 10 days as well. Use a clean one each time and tap your brows gently with the paper.
• Do not apply any cosmetics on your brows for AT LEAST 10 days.
• No heavy exercising or sweating for at least 7 days post procedure, preferably 10 days. If you want the best color and detail retention, this is crucial.
WHAT TO EXPECT :
• Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color, more sharply defined or even have a more filled in appearance. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort and minimal redness.
• During the initial healing period, there may be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own. This is very important! If scabs come off prematurely, the pigment will come out with it!
• The complete healing process takes about 4-6 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating.
Microbladed brows go through many phases while healing! Check it out so you know what to expect....
Day 1 - finely detailed, slight redness
Day 2-4 - They become darker and more filled in looking as they form a light scab. This is only temporary- don't panic!
Day 5-12- the scab naturally exfoliates, peels and flakes away over the course of several days. The fresh skin underneath is white and has a waxy coating, making it appear that the brows are too light. Be patient!
Day 10-30 - After 10 days you may use brow makeup very gently if you need it. The color will slowly come back to life and bloom back to the surface as that new, white skin settles in and heals. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true color, as it will take on new strength, and it is only after 4 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. Your second appointment is to tighten up your shape, touch up any light spots and also to assess how your skin reacts to the process, and the chosen color. I note everyone's pigment blend, in case we need to layer in a different shade or adjust the tone. There are always options!
This is a two step process. Brows look really finished after the 2nd appointment
WHAT NOT TO DO :
• You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any harsh soaps, shampoos, water on them as this can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis.
• DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. This is just new skin forming. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
• DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 10 days. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo. After 10 days its fine if you need to gently apply makeup to any light spots.
• DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
• DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
• No anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
• Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
• NO exercising and/or excessive sweating one day prior to getting tattooed and for 10 days after. Heavy sweating will cause the hairstrokes to blur and detail to be lost.
• NO Sun exposure, swimming pools, jacuzzis, saunas or other bodies of water for two weeks.
• Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
• Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, I recommend applying sunscreen daily on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
• Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products and laser treatments must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten or discolor the pigment.
• If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
• Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 4 to 6 weeks later. It takes about 4 weeks for the brow area’s skin cells to completely regenerate and settle in. There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your tattoo, and everyone will heal a little differently.
THIS PROCEDURE IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF :
- you are using ACCUTANE or have used it within the past year
- if you have very oily skin an or very large pores on your forehead (the pigment may not hold on you or it may heal very powdery and fuzzy with loss of detail)
- if you want very thin brows (there needs to be at least a slight thickness in order to achieve desired hairlike detail)
- if you are very tan or sundamaged
- if your skin is very delicate, fragile, sensitive or problematic. The older we get the more fragile and thin our skin gets. People aged 60 and up won't have as good of results as younger more plump skin, and may experience loss of detail. discoloration,or additional blurring.
- are pregnant or nursing
- are allergic to Lidocaine
- are highly prone to scarring or keloids
- are epileptic
Attention Please: I strongly advise prospective new clients to book their first Microblading appointment at least 2 months in advance of Vacations, Weddings, and special occasions. This allows adequate time for healing of both your Initial Microblading Appointment as well as a Touch-Up Appointment 4 to 6 Weeks after.
WHY TWO SESSIONS?
*1st Appointment - "FOUNDATION SESSION” - Brow mapping and collaborating together on the perfect shape according to your facial features, desired thickness and desired ‘look'. Application of a natural hair stoke pattern. Strokes are applied by hand with a single use disposable needles and the area is numbed for minimal pain. Brows are quite dark for the first week and soften as they heal over the next month. Everyone's skin is different, some people will retain a lot of color, others will heal very light or patchy. This appointment is not meant to heal perfectly. This appointment takes approx. 2- 2.5 hours total
*2nd Appointment - to touch up any light spots, build additional texture, add hair strokes and correction. This session usually takes approx 1 to 1.5 hours.
Some people may need more than two sessions to achieve their desired brow, due to stubborn skin, improper aftercare, etc.
DO RESULTS VARY?
Yes - color retention and overall results are different for each individual. Factors such as sun exposure, SKIN TYPE, FOLLOWING AFTERCARE, lifestyle, immune system and skin tone determine how your brows heal.
OILY SKIN - tends to 'push out' the ink quicker, and may need more frequent touch ups and heal extra powdery/blurry.
DARKER SKIN - will have less contrast and may heal even more powdery or solid looking than lighter tones. The darker the skin tone, the less detail or "hairs" you will see.
MATURE SKIN - is very fine, delicate and thin. It tends to heal more powdery and lines can heal on the thicker side. Results are very unpredictable, so please keep this in mind!
The final results are not guaranteed to replace makeup- you may still need to use a pencil or powder to create your own unique, desired look. The ultimate goal is to have natural looking, balanced brows.
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LOOK OF FRESH AND HEALED BROWS?
Yes, hair strokes appear crisp at first, and brows will be really dark for a few days after each treatment. As the brows heal, the lines will slightly expand and are lighter, slightly fuzzy, and softer looking. As the color settles into the skin it tends to heal a bit cooler than when first applied.
Post Care for Permanent Makeup
Proper care following your procedure is necessary to achieve the best results. Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of color is to be expected. This is the purpose of the touch-up visit. Please review the following directions and refer to them as necessary. If during your healing process you have any questions or concerns please contact Sunny at DaVinci salon and Spa 253-709-5302.
*Expect treated areas to be tender for the next few days.
*Eyeliner may be puffy for a day or two. Cold, wet cotton pads, soaked in clean water may be applied to reduce swelling. Chill pads in refrigerator for 10 min. and lay them over your eyes.
*Keep the area of pigmentation lightly moist with a product such as Vaseline, A & D ointment, Bacitracin. When using one of these sealants don’t apply overly greasy or obvious. To apply you can use your clean finger tip for brows and lips.
*For eyeliner you can use a Q-Tip or micro Q-Tip. Please do not scrape the Q-Tip with sealant directly across your tattooed color, place it just above on your upper eyeliner and just below on your lower eyeliner , the heat of your own body will melt and move the sealant over your new tattoo to protect it and keep it moist until it is healed.
*Try not to cover your tear duct with sealant, and less is best with the eyes since the eyes can get irritated from trying to clear itself of too much goo. Apply sealant 2-3 times a day (morning, night, and once in between) for a minimum of 7 days. If a crust forms on the pigmented surface, do not force removal by scratching or abrasive washing. The pigment could be removed along with the crust. Be gentle with your tattoo and let it exfoliate its upper layer without your help. Some itching is normal.
*AGAIN DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the treated area or your color may heal unevenly. Lips should remain sealed for 4 weeks, but they go through the exfoliating process the fastest. They will exfoliate there dark color in 3-5 days as the eyeliner and brows can take up to about 7 days. Do not expose the area that’s healing, to dirty or unsanitary conditions. Wearing glasses outdoors is a good way to protect new eyeliner from dust, etc.
*It is normal for your tattooed color to heal 30-50% lighter than how it looks when you leave my office, be patient, the end results are very natural and worth waiting for.
*After your eyeliner is tattooed , you may resume wearing your contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pre-tattooed condition, approximately 24 hrs.
*No make-up is to be applied on or to close to new tattoo until it is healed. Old or used make-up can be loaded with bacteria which could cause infection. After eyeliner is healed it is advised to start with brand new mascara. Because you are advised not to use mascara until your new eyeliner is healed you may want to tint your eyelashes black before you have the procedure done. This will not make them longer or thicker like mascara does, but they will be nice and dark for about 4 weeks.
*Do not use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks, and if you are using an eyelash extender product such as LiLash/brow or Latisse please discontinue until 4 weeks after your touchup session and your eyeliner or brows are complete. These products are incredible and really do work, but are so new that we don’t know how they will affect your tattooed color, so don’t take any chances! Emu oil is a wonderful skin conditioner, but do not use Emu oil as your sealant. Because it may cause your pigment color to bleed or migrate.
*Do not expose your healing skin to direct sun, tanning beds, hot tubs, saunas, steam, salt water, chlorinated pools, direct shower spray, skin creams, ointments or lotions other than your sealant for 1 week following your procedure.
*If you are having your lips tattooed and you are prone to cold sores, you must be on Zovorax 5 days before your procedure and 5 days after your procedure. Keep your lips moist for 4 weeks with your sealant, they will feel dry at first but, this will pass. The color will come and go as the collagen fibers come to heal the lips and the natural exfoliating process has occurred. It is normal not to see how much color was achieved until 4 weeks have passed. Avoid spicy and salty foods. Be careful to keep lips sealed when washing your face or brushing your teeth.